Saturday, February 25, 2012

Star Wars the Old Republic is MANIPULATIVE: What to do?

I sent this email to customer support. We'll see how much good it does.



"I just bought a game with what I thought was "first 30 days of subscription fees are included in the purchase price of the product"- verbatim off box.



Now Bioware/EA/LusasArts is forcing me to give cc info or buy extra time JUST to access the 30 days I supposedly bought?



This is downright UNETHICAL and manipulative. I am thinking about returning this game to show my disgust (though I am tempted to give in because of the years of foreplay this company has built up for the ultimate grab of people's money.).



If you need money that badly you should get it honestly.



I have never known your supposed competitor WOW to do this in my years of playing.



I had hoped this game would be different. I guess I should not be surprised to find this company is just another slew of America and the world going to the dumps because of corporate, and ultimately human greed."



I also called up customer support, got a manager, who said he could do nothing for me. Who should I try to contact next? I think I will try bashing on twitter next. They need some bad reputation so that they will change their manipulative ways.



Any ideas? You can say I am overreacting- what about standing up for your rights? You should get what you pay for.Star Wars the Old Republic is MANIPULATIVE: What to do?
you could put ur credit card info and then cancel it before the month expires if you do not want to be charged. so they wont charge you right away. Blizzard did the same thing when i bought wow (three months after it was released). I understand your disgust

humm my advice to you is to cancel your subscription right away and yes you will still have your 30 days of game play. Good luck and have funStar Wars the Old Republic is MANIPULATIVE: What to do?
If you get 30 days free, they won't charge you just because they have your credit card on file. If they do, then you have a complaint; one that can be fixed. The way their system is set up, you probably do need to have that information entered so you aren't just getting to the end of the 30 days and just dropped as a customer.Star Wars the Old Republic is MANIPULATIVE: What to do?
No. No ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment