Saturday, February 25, 2012

What's the difference between MySpace/Facebook status updates and Twitter?

I have friends who use MySpace/Facebook status updates constantly but they refuse to use Twitter. Isn't it the same thing? Which is better MySpace, Facebook or Twitter and why?What's the difference between MySpace/Facebook status updates and Twitter?
Personally, I think Twitter is more simpler to use. I used to hate status updates on MySpace and when Facebook started using them, I felt like I was learning too much info on people's lives. I felt like a stalker. lol I started to get used to it though, and reading status updates are usually quite entertaining, I usually look at them more than any other thing on FB, but I just deleted my accounts on all of the sites, because I think I can do better things with my time. FB used to be so addicting, lol. But, I think it's healthy also to keep yourself off those sites and develop face to face communications, more personal ways of communication- and less self disclosure. I mean social networking isnt all that bad, but I really don't want to reveal so much of myself to people anymore, I'm learning alot about these things...What's the difference between MySpace/Facebook status updates and Twitter?
facebook is the best myspace takes a hour to load and its boring on twitter the only thing you can do is rwright what you are doing which is only cool on cell phone because on the computer u just say on the computer

Report Abuse

What's the difference between MySpace/Facebook status updates and Twitter?
I've only used Twitter and Facebook. Facebook updates are large things in life, which is why there isn't very much of a character limit. On Twitter, you can get up to 140 characters per post. Twitter is for smaller things in life. You would post things like "I'm drinking coffee" on Twitter. On Facebook, "Going on vacation" would be appropriate. I would suggest Twitter, but Facebook has much more features.
Yes, they ARE the same thing when it comes to status updates - but Facebook offers more connectivity options and things like applications and other similar gadgets. MySpace offers a personalized profile page, applications and everything like that. FB is typically more professional, MySpace is for younger people who just want to connect with friends, and Twitter is just status updates without all the clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment