Saturday, February 25, 2012

What are the advantages and the disadvantages of starting a Twitter account?

What is the benefits-costs balance of creating and keeping a Twitter profile? I already have a Facebook profile and feel it is taking up a huge part of my time and more commitment and investment than I would have liked to give it. But at the same time I am curiousr about all the interest in Twitter and tweets and wonder whether I am missing something good!What are the advantages and the disadvantages of starting a Twitter account?
Twitter is really very disappointing in many ways and I know that there has been massive interest but many are very disillusioned and do not feel that it will stand the test of time. I am not in to texting but I am in agreement with the other person who stated that unless you are on the web 24/7 it is pointless and nor a real time experience. If you log in just daily, you will find countless inane tweets and you will have to trawl through everything to find out whether anyone has mentioned your

profile by way of reply. In general, folk do not reply or interact (no conversation). It seems to be a mouthpiece for folk who prefer to trumpet their own views as opposed to listening and then communicating via dialogue. Forget it is my advice - it is a waste of time and like many others I am on the point of jacking it in. On the other hand, it costs nothing to try it but do not be too disappointed if it is not what you had hoped. Sorry to be pessimistic but better to speak truthfully!What are the advantages and the disadvantages of starting a Twitter account?
Well, Twitter is a WHOLE lot more "demanding" than facebook. It's best, if youhave a twitter, to have it texted to your phone, which only costs like you are texting. Because with twitter, it's all realtime. If you aren't on the computer 24/7, or don't have it on your phone, it's pointless. Why would you want to know what someone was doing on Dec 23 at 12:01pm? you'd want to know it in realtime, which you can do with the texting thing.



Hope I helped



:D



ps- if you do make one, follow me. twitter.com/_Dust1nWhat are the advantages and the disadvantages of starting a Twitter account?
The advantage is that dissent can be heard. The disadvantage is that the system can be slow to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment